COVID-19 Update, Sept. 9, 2020
We are happy to welcome back those who are comfortable returning beginning Sunday, Sept. 13. Registration is not required. Select the link below for full details. Facial coverings are required and social distancing will be implemented. If you are in a high risk category, have come in contact with someone who has tested positive for coronavirus or are experiencing any of the symptoms listed by the CDC (fever, loss of taste/smell, shortness of breath) please stay home. Virtual worship services will continue to be available at 10:55 a.m. each Sunday.
1. To allow for proper social distancing, we will worship in the following areas:
Worship Place and Times:
• 10:55 AM – Sanctuary
• 10:55 AM – Fellowship Hall (Overflow) streaming service for overflow.
2. Regarding Sunday School:
• To limit our overall time in the building, currently we are NOT resuming in-person Sunday School. We encourage our SS classes to continue to hold their respective SS virtual meetings. We are asking each Sunday School class to have a conversation in preparation for September. We are encouraging each class to make scheduling adjustments that would allow those in their class to attend worship service on the campus if they are so inclined.
3. Entrances to building for Sanctuary Worship:
• Main Sanctuary entrance facing Greenville Blvd.
• East Side Front Entrance to Narthex/Vestibule/Sanctuary Foyer
• West Side Front Entrance to Narthex/Vestibule/Sanctuary Foyer
• East side under bell tower (Intended for those not able to use steps/stairs) • Main Office Entrance (glass doors under office portico/carport)
4. Greeters will be at identified entrances and ask for your confirmation of:
• your self-health check (self-screening questions)
• an understanding of hygiene & sanitation guidelines • a reminder of face mask recommendations
We ask everyone to (except for those age 2 and under) wear a mask covering your nose and mouth at all times.
* Social distancing will be practiced at the entrances. If you find yourself having to wait in line, please distance accordingly. If you can, we suggest arriving to church a few minutes earlier than usual to accommodate the entry and seating protocol.
5. Ushers will direct you to seating to facilitate social distancing as people arrive.
6. Families are to sit together. Everyone will sit in marked areas to allow for social distancing.
7. When worship concludes, Ushers will assist with an orderly exit.
8. Restrooms and certain parts of the building will have limited access.
9. Restrooms and Common Areas will be cleaned between our weekly services and Hispanic services.
Please act responsibly and out of love.
The Apostle Paul reminds us, “Do nothing out of selfish ambition. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests, but each of you to the interests of the others.” —Philippians 2:3-4
The act of returning to in-person worship requires a great deal of trust in one another. This is why we need everyone to do all they can to not only protect themselves at this time, but to protect one another. With this in mind, we ask the congregation to adhere to the following:
1. Please self-screen your health.
If there is any doubt regarding your health in regards to exposing someone else to the Coronavirus or you are in a high-risk category or have a compromised health condition, we ask you remain home at this time and join us through virtual worship.
2. We ask that as you enter the building you wear a face covering.
TMBC has a limited supply if you do not have an appropriate face covering. Remember, while the face covering can actually help you, it is mainly for the good of the other. By cooperating, out of love and care for one another, we are putting one another first.
3. We will ask everyone to social distance while in the building and on campus.
Continue to practice no handshaking or hugging.
What to expect for in-person worship:
Although our worship will look and feel different for a while, let us recall the words of the Psalmist, “Great is the Lord and worthy to be praised!” — Psalm 145:3
1. The worship service will be abbreviated and without congregational response or singing.
2. Offering plates, pencils, hymnals and pew Bibles have been removed from the Sanctuary. (Please bring your Bible to worship with you.)
3. The offering will be received at each entrance as you enter and exit.
You are also encouraged to continue giving through online and texting methods, as well as bank drafts and mailing envelopes.