COVID-19 Update, Jan. 5, 2021
TMBC Family –
TMBC’s COVID-19 Response Team met on January 4 and after much consideration, has decided to offer services ONLINE ONLY for Sunday, January 10, 17 and 24. The team will meet again on January 25 to reevaluate.
This decision was made due to the continued rise of Covid-19 cases within Pitt County and within our own congregation (unrelated to church contact). The team thinks it is best that we do not potentially contribute to community spread by gathering in person at this time.
Sunday school classes are encouraged to meet virtually and our worship service will stream live on Facebook at 10:55 a.m.
Continue to keep those impacted by COVID-19 in your prayers. Monitor your email and TMBC’s website and social media accounts for updates.
We are very appreciative for your faithfulness and flexibility during the last several months. Our main goal is to keep our congregation healthy while doing our best to keep everyone connected.
Your generosity is also very important during this time. Since we are not meeting in person, you can give using the following options:
- Give online by clicking here.
- Text the amount you wish to give to 833-908-0691
- Mail your tithes and offerings to the church
The Memorial Baptist Church
1510 Greenville Blvd. SE
Greenville, NC 27858
- Drop off in person at the church during office hours
We hope you and your family are safe and well as you begin 2021.
Grace and Peace,
TMBC COVID-19 Response Team
COVID-19 Update, Sept. 9, 2020
We are happy to welcome back those who are comfortable returning beginning Sunday, Sept. 13. Registration is not required. Select the link below for full details. Facial coverings are required and social distancing will be implemented. If you are in a high risk category, have come in contact with someone who has tested positive for coronavirus or are experiencing any of the symptoms listed by the CDC (fever, loss of taste/smell, shortness of breath) please stay home. Virtual worship services will continue to be available at 10:55 a.m. each Sunday.
1. To allow for proper social distancing, we will worship in the following areas:
Worship Place and Times:
• 10:55 AM – Sanctuary
• 10:55 AM – Fellowship Hall (Overflow) streaming service for overflow.
2. Regarding Sunday School:
• Some Sunday School classes are meeting in person at TMBC at 9:45 a.m. Please contact your Sunday School class leader to find out where your class is meeting. Rooms have been changed to accommodate more space for social distancing and some classes are meeting outside We encourage our SS classes to continue to hold their respective SS virtual meetings for those who are not comfortable returning in person. If you are new and want to engage with a class, please contact the church office at info@TMBC.org or one of our ministers to help select the best fit for you.
3. Entrances to building for Sanctuary Worship:
• Main Sanctuary entrance facing Greenville Blvd.
• East Side Front Entrance to Narthex/Vestibule/Sanctuary Foyer
• West Side Front Entrance to Narthex/Vestibule/Sanctuary Foyer
• East side under bell tower (Intended for those not able to use steps/stairs) • Main Office Entrance (glass doors under office portico/carport)
4. Greeters will be at identified entrances and ask for your confirmation of:
• your self-health check (self-screening questions)
• an understanding of hygiene & sanitation guidelines • a reminder of face mask recommendations
We ask everyone to (except for those age 2 and under) wear a mask covering your nose and mouth at all times.
* Social distancing will be practiced at the entrances. If you find yourself having to wait in line, please distance accordingly. If you can, we suggest arriving to church a few minutes earlier than usual to accommodate the entry and seating protocol.
5. Ushers will direct you to seating to facilitate social distancing as people arrive.
6. Families are to sit together. Everyone will sit in marked areas to allow for social distancing.
7. When worship concludes, Ushers will assist with an orderly exit.
8. Restrooms and certain parts of the building will have limited access.
9. Restrooms and Common Areas will be cleaned between our weekly services and Hispanic services.
Please act responsibly and out of love.
The Apostle Paul reminds us, “Do nothing out of selfish ambition. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests, but each of you to the interests of the others.” —Philippians 2:3-4
The act of returning to in-person worship requires a great deal of trust in one another. This is why we need everyone to do all they can to not only protect themselves at this time, but to protect one another. With this in mind, we ask the congregation to adhere to the following:
1. Please self-screen your health.
If there is any doubt regarding your health in regards to exposing someone else to the Coronavirus or you are in a high-risk category or have a compromised health condition, we ask you remain home at this time and join us through virtual worship.
2. We ask that as you enter the building you wear a face covering.
TMBC has a limited supply if you do not have an appropriate face covering. Remember, while the face covering can actually help you, it is mainly for the good of the other. By cooperating, out of love and care for one another, we are putting one another first.
3. We will ask everyone to social distance while in the building and on campus.
Continue to practice no handshaking or hugging.
What to expect for in-person worship:
Although our worship will look and feel different for a while, let us recall the words of the Psalmist, “Great is the Lord and worthy to be praised!” — Psalm 145:3
1. The worship service will be abbreviated and without congregational response or singing.
2. Offering plates, pencils, hymnals and pew Bibles have been removed from the Sanctuary. (Please bring your Bible to worship with you.)
3. The offering will be received at each entrance as you enter and exit.
You are also encouraged to continue giving through online and texting methods, as well as bank drafts and mailing envelopes.