COVID-19 Update, Jan. 25, 2021
TMBC Family & Friends,
The COVID-19 Response Team met this evening and has planned for in-person worship to resume at 10:55 a.m. on Sunday, Jan. 31 in addition to virtual worship on our church’s Facebook page or website. However, given the influx of positive cases within the church and new variants of the virus, we will only resume in-person worship at this time. By doing so, this reduces the time we are collectively gathered indoors. We feel that with our current protocols in place we can safely resume worship, as long as social distancing, good hygiene practices and mask wearing is observed. The team will meet again on February 8 to further examine re-entry for in-person Sunday school classes and other small groups.
***UPDATE: Sunday school will resume in person on Feb. 21.***
As a reminder, the following are the protocols set forth by our COVID-19 Response Team and church leadership:
- If you are experiencing symptoms, are ill, or have been ill or around someone with COVID-19, we ask that you remain home.
- Answer self-screening questions before entering building
- Use hand sanitizer when you enter
- Observe 6ft+ social distancing at all times
- Observe posted capacity levels in classrooms and restrooms
- Use the marked entrances/exits to the building
- Wear a mask at all times
*The entrances listed below are the only ones that will be used for Sunday mornings. Greeters will meet you at the following doors:
– Portico/Glass doors by Church Office
– Front Sanctuary Entrance
– Bell Tower Entrance near Sanctuary
*Bathrooms by the Sanctuary/Music Suite and Church Office will be open for single use. All others are closed at this time. Soft barriers will be used throughout the building to keep areas closed for use.
COVID-19 Response Team
COVID-19 Update, Sept. 9, 2020
We are happy to welcome back those who are comfortable returning beginning Sunday, Sept. 13. Registration is not required. Select the link below for full details. Facial coverings are required and social distancing will be implemented. If you are in a high risk category, have come in contact with someone who has tested positive for coronavirus or are experiencing any of the symptoms listed by the CDC (fever, loss of taste/smell, shortness of breath) please stay home. Virtual worship services will continue to be available at 10:55 a.m. each Sunday.
1. To allow for proper social distancing, we will worship in the following areas:
Worship Place and Times:
• 10:55 AM – Sanctuary
• 10:55 AM – Fellowship Hall (Overflow) streaming service for overflow.
2. Regarding Sunday School:
• Some Sunday School classes are meeting in person at TMBC at 9:45 a.m. Please contact your Sunday School class leader to find out where your class is meeting. Rooms have been changed to accommodate more space for social distancing and some classes are meeting outside We encourage our SS classes to continue to hold their respective SS virtual meetings for those who are not comfortable returning in person. If you are new and want to engage with a class, please contact the church office at info@TMBC.org or one of our ministers to help select the best fit for you.
3. Entrances to building for Sanctuary Worship:
• Main Sanctuary entrance facing Greenville Blvd.
• East Side Front Entrance to Narthex/Vestibule/Sanctuary Foyer
• West Side Front Entrance to Narthex/Vestibule/Sanctuary Foyer
• East side under bell tower (Intended for those not able to use steps/stairs) • Main Office Entrance (glass doors under office portico/carport)
4. Greeters will be at identified entrances and ask for your confirmation of:
• your self-health check (self-screening questions)
• an understanding of hygiene & sanitation guidelines • a reminder of face mask recommendations
We ask everyone to (except for those age 2 and under) wear a mask covering your nose and mouth at all times.
* Social distancing will be practiced at the entrances. If you find yourself having to wait in line, please distance accordingly. If you can, we suggest arriving to church a few minutes earlier than usual to accommodate the entry and seating protocol.
5. Ushers will direct you to seating to facilitate social distancing as people arrive.
6. Families are to sit together. Everyone will sit in marked areas to allow for social distancing.
7. When worship concludes, Ushers will assist with an orderly exit.
8. Restrooms and certain parts of the building will have limited access.
9. Restrooms and Common Areas will be cleaned between our weekly services and Hispanic services.
Please act responsibly and out of love.
The Apostle Paul reminds us, “Do nothing out of selfish ambition. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests, but each of you to the interests of the others.” —Philippians 2:3-4
The act of returning to in-person worship requires a great deal of trust in one another. This is why we need everyone to do all they can to not only protect themselves at this time, but to protect one another. With this in mind, we ask the congregation to adhere to the following:
1. Please self-screen your health.
If there is any doubt regarding your health in regards to exposing someone else to the Coronavirus or you are in a high-risk category or have a compromised health condition, we ask you remain home at this time and join us through virtual worship.
2. We ask that as you enter the building you wear a face covering.
TMBC has a limited supply if you do not have an appropriate face covering. Remember, while the face covering can actually help you, it is mainly for the good of the other. By cooperating, out of love and care for one another, we are putting one another first.
3. We will ask everyone to social distance while in the building and on campus.
Continue to practice no handshaking or hugging.
What to expect for in-person worship:
Although our worship will look and feel different for a while, let us recall the words of the Psalmist, “Great is the Lord and worthy to be praised!” — Psalm 145:3
1. The worship service will be abbreviated and without congregational response or singing.
2. Offering plates, pencils, hymnals and pew Bibles have been removed from the Sanctuary. (Please bring your Bible to worship with you.)
3. The offering will be received at each entrance as you enter and exit.
You are also encouraged to continue giving through online and texting methods, as well as bank drafts and mailing envelopes.