TMBC Re-Entry Information
In person services will resume on July 19 with appropriate precautions. Please read the information below in its entirety. If you plan to attend worship, please sign up by clicking on the button below or calling the church office. This will give our ministers an approximate count so they can prepare accordingly.
Dear TMBC Family,
As we continue through this unprecedented time with the COVID-19 pandemic and the restrictions that it causes us to adhere to, we are now at a place where we can plan in-person worship. Please read the following information pertaining to our potential re-entry into the church facility for worship. We continue to keep the safety of our TMBC family on the forefront of our decisions and planning. We look forward to seeing you together in the coming weeks.
In His Service,
The COVID-19 Response Team
We are scheduled for a return to in-person worship on Sunday, July 19!
Jesus’ words remind us of our care for one another when he said, “A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
— John 13:34-35
1. To allow for proper social distancing, we will worship in the following areas: Worship Place and Times:
- 10:55 AM – Sanctuary
- 10:55 AM – Fellowship Hall streaming service for overflow.*We ask that you pre-register for the service as seating capacity is limited. This will give us a close idea on how many to expect for in-person gathering. You may register for the July 19 service by clicking:https://tmbcgreenville.churchcenter.com/registrations/events/4380872. Sunday School:
• To limit our overall time in the building, currently we are not resuming in-person Sunday School. We
encourage our SS classes to continue to hold their respective SS virtual meetings. We are asking each Sunday School class to have a conversation in preparation for July 19. We are encouraging each class to make scheduling adjustments that would allow those in their class to attend worship service on the campus if they are so inclined.
3. Entrances to building for Sanctuary Worship:
• Main entrance facing Greenville Blvd.
• East Side Front Entrance to Narthex/Vestibule/Sanctuary Foyer
• West Side Front Entrance to Narthex/Vestibule/Sanctuary Foyer
• East side under bell tower (Intended for those not able to use steps/stairs) • Main Office Entrance (glass doors under office portico/carport)
4. Greeters will be at identified entrances and ask for your confirmation of
- your self-health check (self-screening questions)
- an understanding of hygiene & sanitation guidelines
- a reminder of face mask recommendationsIn compliance with the statewide order we ask everyone to (except for those age 2 and under) wear a mask covering your nose and mouth at all times.
* Social distancing will be practiced at the entrances. If you find yourself having to wait in line, please distance accordingly. If you can, we suggest arriving to church a few minutes earlier than usual to accommodate the entry and seating protocol.*If you would like to assist in greeting, please copy and past this link into your browser to sign up:https://tmbcgreenville.churchcenter.com/registrations/events/450008
5. Ushers will direct you to seating to facilitate social distancing as people arrive.
6. Families are to sit together. Everyone will sit in marked areas to allow for social distancing.
7. When worship concludes, Ushers will assist with an orderly exit.
8. Restrooms and certain parts of the building will have limited access.
9. Restrooms and Common Areas will be cleaned between our weekly services and Hispanic services. * If
you would like to volunteer to assist in cleaning, click here to sign-up:
We will ask our congregation to act responsibly and out of love.
The Apostle Paul reminds us, “Do nothing out of selfish ambition. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests, but each of you to the interests of the others.” —
The act of returning to in-person worship requires a great deal of trust in one another. This is why we need everyone to do all they can to not only protect themselves at this time, but to protect one another. With this in mind, we ask the congregation to adhere to the following:
1. Please self-screen your health.
If there is any doubt regarding your health in regards to exposing someone else to the Coronavirus or you are in a high-risk category or have a compromised health condition, we ask you remain home at this time and join us through virtual worship.
2. In compliance with the statewide order we ask that as you enter the building you wear a face covering. TMBC has a limited supply if you do not have an appropriate face covering. Remember, while the face covering can actually help you, it is mainly for the good of the other. By cooperating, out of love and care for one another, we are putting one another first.
3. We will ask everyone to social distance while in the building and on campus.
What to expect for in-person worship:
Although our worship will look and feel different for a while, let us recall the words of the Psalmist, “Great is the Lord and worthy to be praised!” — Psalm 145:3
1. The worship service will be abbreviated and without congregational response or singing.
2. Offering plates, pencils, hymnals and pew Bibles have been removed from the Sanctuary. (Please bring your Bible to worship with you.)
3. The offering will be received at each entrance as you enter and exit.
You are also encouraged to continue giving through online and texting methods, as well as bank drafts and mailing envelopes.