Coordinator of Office Administration and Communications
STATEMENT OF POSITION
The Coordinator of Office Administration and Communications is to tell the story of what God is doing in and through our church. The position is responsible for and focused on leadership, team development, oversight and execution of all aspects of office management, communications and marketing outlined below:
The Coordinator of Office Administration and Communications works under the direct supervision of the Senior Pastor or their appointee.
HOURS OF EMPLOYMENT
The regular work hours are Monday-Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Fridays, 8:30 to 1:00pm for a total of 36 hours per week. Occasional weekends may be requested for special events.
Office Management and Team Development
- Operates church office for most effective functioning
- Assist with accounts payable and financial records
- Build, Maintain and Administer office budget
- Enlist, equip and encourage qualified volunteers to assist in daily office goals as needed
- Maintain church related documents, records, church meeting minutes, files in organized manner
- Serve as the first contact for the church (through phone calls, e-mails, social media messaging, face-to-face contacts)
- Proactively develop strategies to clarify and communicate the weekly messaging of the church, in partnership with leadership and ministry leaders.
- Work in tandem with ministers and others to create consistency in messaging.
- Develop systems to organize, prioritize and communicate promotional items related to TMBC.
- Oversee all print and digital materials, ensuring they are executed with excellence.
Digital Communication & Social Media
- Lead all efforts related to the creation, strategy, and execution of TMBC digital communication channels.
- Assist the appropriate pastor with the strategy and execution of the weekly Live Stream.
- Creatively build followings on various social media outlets including but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Oversee social media messaging and communication strategies
- Serve as webmaster for the church website
- Lead messaging and strategy for social media advertising campaigns.
Design & Brand Management
- Lead efforts to design all art and promotional materials related to church-wide activities with a high standard of creativity, excellence and effectiveness.
- Network with contract and volunteers to develop graphic designs.
- Monitor the look, vibe and feel of all promotional materials representing TMBC.
- Police the use of logos and images that represent TMBC.
- Create positive relationships with local media resources.
- Oversee efforts related to securing or responding to media attention.
- Displayed proficiency of Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook, Teams)
- Working knowledge of WordPress for website management
- Displayed proficiency in various social media platforms, including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Working knowledge of ACS Church Management Software
- Knowledge and use of graphic design and video editing software (i.e., Adobe Suite, Davinci Resolve)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of employees. The Memorial Baptist Church reserves the right to revise the position, its job functions, minimum qualifications and other aspects of the position in any way at any time.